Since 2008, the Expo has featured backyard gardening seminars and demonstrations. In 2015, a permanent exhibit space was established that has proven to be a popular spot for visitors. In 2019, Flint River Fresh and Fredando Jackson aka “Farmer Fredo” began working in the space. Along with Farmer Fredo, students from the CCHS FFA have been instrumental in harvesting the crops grown. In 2019 and 2020 we were able to make significant contributions of greens from the garden to the Colquitt County Food Bank. This is a relationship that we look forward to continuing to foster in the years to come.
Community Volunteer Opportunity
Volunteers are needed to maintain the garden and to harvest food from the garden for the food bank. Tasks may include planting, weeding, harvesting and other chores associated with growing a garden. Volunteers will be given the opportunity to complete tasks independently to allow for social distance in the garden. In addition, a face covering is recommended.
- Before arriving, volunteers are asked to watch a short informational/training video regarding the garden.
Additional Video Resources
- February 9th (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- March 9th (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- April 13th (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- May 11th (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- June 8th (10:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- August – November dates coming soon
Please register below or call (229) 985-1968 for more information.