Each year in July, the Sunbelt Ag Expo Darrell William’s Research Farm hosts Field Day. Field Day is an opportunity for farmers and growers to visit the Research Farm to see firsthand the new varieties and technologies being tested that they can implement into their own operations. This is one of the things that makes the Sunbelt Ag Expo stand out from other farm shows across the country.
Along with their plots of cotton, Bayer Crop Science also has plots of corn and sorghum. When visiting the Research Farm during Field Day, you can see the three varieties of corn and six varieties of sorghum that they have on site.
DKC 68-95 SS
- excellent southern disease package, stable across different soil types with top end yield potential and grain quality
- great option for the grower that loves DKC 62-08
DKC 68-35 VT2PRO
- great disease package but would benefit from a timely fungicide application in heavy pressure
- well suited for the high-end yield acre as well as the dryland acre
- great grain quality
DKC 70-45 VT2PRO
- excellent yielder with great grain quality and southern disease package
- looks to be one of the most consistent ears across the SE in 2023
- it will be a primary hybrid for Dekalb in the near future
33-07, 36-07, 44-07, 50-07, 51-01 and 54-07. Out of that lineup the varieties ending in 07 offer some sugarcane aphid resistance which really helps with insect protection on your farm. 54-07 is a great full season variety that has grown in acres over the last 2 years. Many growers are swapping their DKS 37-07 acres over to 54-07 especially on the early planting. The other varieties in the plot do well in the southern sorghum growing areas of the US so they’re giving them a look this year to see how well they perform in the Southeast.
Mark your calendars now for the 2023 Sunbelt Ag Expo Field Day on July 20th beginning at 8:00 am. Bayer – Dekalb and many others will be there ready to talk about the new technology you will want to implement in your operation!