2018 Youth Educational Opportunities
Youth Educational Opportunities Challenge Winners
1. Youth Educational Challenges – Students in 6th – 12th Grade are invited to participate in six different competitive challenges. Any student from any state is invited to participate. Awards will be given for each challenge to the top three finishers in the Junior and Senior divisions, to the club or chapter with the best overall finish, and to the state with the best overall finish. Join us as we salute healthy competition while learning about the latest agricultural technology, research and equipment at North America’s Premier Farm Show, the Sunbelt Ag Expo.
- Wednesday, October 17, 2018 (time-slots available from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm)
- Contest open to students in 6th-12th Grade.
- Junior Division ( 6th-9th Grade), Senior Division (10th – 12th Grade)
- Students may compete as an individual or as part of a chapter or club.
- Each student can participate in as many areas as they so choose.
- Challenge areas will include: Ag Mechanics Tools & ID, Measurement, Floral Design, Horticulture ID, Forestry ID, Wildlife ID, Animal Science ID.
- Wednesday, October 17th at 11:00 am and 1:30 pm
- Registration is preferred (Use link below)
- See information sheet for detailed seminar information
- Metal and Wood Divisions – Small (3 ft. and under) and Large (3-6 ft) for each
- Grand Champion in each of the 4 divisions (Small Wood, Large Wood, Small Metal, Large Metal) will receive a ribbon and $100 cash prize
- Reserve Champions in each of the 4 divisions will receive a ribbon and $50 cash prize
- New this year – Grand Champion Chapter prize will be award ($150). Points will be earned based on Grand Champions, Reserve Champions, and tie-breaker of number of projects entered.
- Can drop off projects on Friday before Expo or Monday before Expo
- Several release times this year to accommodate chapters on Wed., Thurs, and Fri.
- NOTE: Projects WILL NOT be permitted to leave outside of specified times. Items tried to be removed early will forfeit placings and prize money
- Each chapter limited to 5 entries. HOWEVER, if the max number of entries is not received based on this, we will re-open registration on a first come-first served basis
- Entries are due OCTOBER 1st!
- For more information, call or email Heather Brannen – firstname.lastname@example.org or (912) 764-9091