1. Youth Educational Challenges Sponsored by Country Financial – Students in 6th – 12th Grade are invited to participate in six different competitive challenges. Any student from any state is invited to participate. Awards will be given for each challenge to the top three finishers in the Junior and Senior divisions, to the club or chapter with the best overall finish, and to the state with the best overall finish. Join us as we salute healthy competition while learning about the latest agricultural technology, research and equipment at North America’s Premier Farm Show, the Sunbelt Ag Expo.
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 (time-slots available from 8:45 am – 1:00 pm)
- Contest open to students in 6th-12th Grade.
- All participants will receive lunch, compliments of Agri Supply C. and Coke.
- Junior Division ( 6th-9th Grade), Senior Division (10th – 12th Grade)
- Students may compete as an individual or as part of a chapter or club.
- Each student can participate in as many areas as they so choose.
- Challenge areas will include: Ag Mechanics Tools & ID, Measurement, Floral Design, Horticulture ID, Forestry ID, Wildlife ID, Animal Science ID.
FFA Ag Mechanics Contest sponsored by Farm Credit Associations of Georgia – FFA Members 6th – 12th grade are invited to enter their metal or woodworking projects in our contest!
- Metal Projects – Small (up to 3 ft)
- Metal Projects – Large (3 – 6 ft)
- Wood Projects – Small (up to 3 ft)
- Wood Projects – Large (3 – 6 ft)
- Prize Money
- Grand Champion for each of the 4 divisions (Small Wood, Large Wood, Small Metal, Large Metal) = ribbon and $100
- Reserve Champions for each of the 4 divisions = ribbon and $50 cash prize
- Overall Grand Champion Chapter award = ($150)
- Project Drop-off – Friday 10/11 or Monday 10/14 (10:00 – 4:00)
- Projects entered in GNF CAN enter this contest! Special accommodations made for projects checking out from GNF to come to Expo
- Pick up – Download details/gate pass (pdf)
- Entries – Deadline Oct. 1, 2019 (FFA Advisor must submit registration)
- For more information read the Ag Mechanics Contest Outline, Rules & Awards (pdf)
- For questions, call or email Heather Brannen – [email protected] or (912) 764-9091